Determine what practice area you need an attorney for by searching through our practice areas.
Search for an attorney with the desired practice area near you.
Contact the attorney and mention that you found them through the WV State Bar Lawyer Referral Service. The attorney may agree to see you as a client for an initial consultation for a fee of no more than $25 for the first 30 minutes of the consultation.
Tips for Working With Your Lawyer
- Before hiring an attorney, make sure you fully understand what they are going to do for you and why you need their support.
- Keep your lawyer informed of materials received and changes in your situation on a consistent schedule.
- Respond promptly to your attorney’s requests.
- Take notes when speaking to your attorney.
- Discuss how certain decisions will affect your future.